My name is Daryl and I have been a Live Journal user since 2004. I have had several pages, changing (and sometimes deleting) pages and names every year or so to signify changes in my life. I have been a paid member for each time I have been on LJ, I believe in LJ, and I think I would do a great job representing the Users here. I know for many people on LJ there are some tensions between the senior Users and the new management and as your representative I would like to directly address those concerns, be a voice for your creativity and passion.
As for my experience with things literary and political here are a list of some things from my background that I feel make me highly qualified to serve in this capacity.
* I have worked as an editor for a major academic journal (The Maine Scholar) for four years.
* As an undergrad I was an active member of the Student Senate, Curriculum Committee, the Peer Review Board, and President of both the Board of Student Organizations, the Philosophy Club.
* I graduated magna cum laude from University of Southern Maine with a double major in History and Philosophy, minor in Creative Writing, with full University Honors, was a Presidential Scholar and was also my Class Student Commencement Speaker.
* I graduated from Yale Divinity School with an honors degree in Religion and Literature.
* I spent two years in Theology School before leaving to follow my passion to become a writer. I have been at Vermont College of Fine Arts for the last two years and will graduate on July 6th with my MFA degree in Creative NonFiction.
* I am a professor in the Boston area where I teach classes on Literature and Religion.
* I am a published poet, prose, and academic writer.
As for my vision of serving for the LJ Community, I consider myself a writer and an artist and my first concern for you is protecting your ability for freedom of expression. For LJ to continue to be a place for expressing yourself whether it is for a simple journal, an on-line diary, an active community, a visual page, an academic forum. I think I represent the creative element here at LJ quite strongly. I also represent the community aspect as well, having belonged to several groups in the past, having made many friends here that continued in person, having brought many new users to LJ, having been active on the level of activism and politics and art here at LJ. I tend to think Indie and Punk first and foremost (that is my background culturally) but I am also mature and educated enough to understand how that DIY mentality can be brought into a more professional format. I am a strong voice when defending things I care truly about, and I do truly care about LJ, about the users who give their soul to this format, and I feel that I can work across the board and across boundaries to protect the artistic vision and personal integrity of Live Journal.
I hope you will give serious consideration into voting for me.
Thank You for your time.