If you would like to nominate yourself to become a candidate for the 2009 Advisory Board election, you should make a post in this community, including the following information:
- Clearly state that you are nominating yourself as a candidate for the Advisory Board elections.
- Include a statement about why you think you would make a good representative or why you’d like to serve.
- Use an lj-cut if the post is more than two paragraphs.
- Set Comment Screening to All Comments.
- Optionally, you may also include a link to an entry in your journal or a community that further states your position or platform, or that answers the following questions:
- What do you think is the value of LiveJournal?
- What changes would you like to see LiveJournal make in the next year?
- Why do you want to be the elected representative?
- What do you think are the community’s greatest concerns?
- What skills, qualifications, or unique perspective do you think you would bring to this position?
Supporting a Nominee
To support a nominee’s candidacy, you should comment to their nomination entry stating "I support this nomination" or something substantially similar. You may support multiple candidates’ nominations. Nominees need 300 motions of support in order to be invited to be a candidate in the election. Candidates are asked to assist by only unscreening those comments that express this motion of support, and election moderators will help with that process.